Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Walnuts Cake

"Just got back from a pleasure trip: I took my mother-in-law to the airport."
Herry Youngman



There is always a reason to say something unhappy about  your mother-in-law, but this is not that case.
I've asked her to send me her recipe for this fantastic cake and I think she is always happy when I appreciate her cakes.
I would say, I tested it for the first time and I decided to make it by my self. This is the most soft cake that you have ever tried! Believe me! It's quite impossible eat it without dirty all around... :)
I guess I will use the same recipe to test new cakes changing something here and there.

Have a look...


Walnuts cake

Ingredients

250 g butter, softened
250 g plain (all-purpose) flour
250 g caster (superfine) sugar
20 walnuts, finely chopped
16 g baking powder 
4 eggs
4 tablespoons rum (or milk if you have not rum)

Place the butter in a bowl and blend it until it become a cream, add the sugar and blend together for 5 min. Add eggs yolk one for time mixing until absorbed.
Add the rum and then the flour mixed and backing powder sifted and mixed together, slowly.
Preheat the oven at 170°C.
Beat until stiff the egg whites with a pinch of salt.
Then mix the two part and place the cake in a tin.
Cook for 30 min, let cool it down.

Taste it!


Torta di noci (la migliore mai provata)

(in Italian)
250 g burro morbido
250 g farina
250 g zucchero
20 noci tritate finemente
1 bustina di lievito
4 uova
4 cucchiai di rum
Lavorare il burro a pomata con metà dello zucchero. Nel frattempo montare gli albumi a neve con la rimanente parte dello zucchero.
Aggiungere al burro un uovo alla volta fino a completo assorbimento. Aggiungere il rum e poi gli albumi meringati delicatamente ed infine la farina setacciata con il lievito.
Da ultimo aggiungere le noci finemente tritate ed informare a forno preriscaldato a 170° C per 30 min.
Far raffreddare e spolverizzare con zucchero a velo.

No comments:

Post a Comment